Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Bird Sketch Wall - Goodwill Find

So in this post about the progress in my MIL suite,
I teased you about what was going on on the other side.

You know, where the grass is greener.

Well on that green grass, there are some critters that frolic about.



I picked up a really awesome bird coloring book
from Goodwill
for 99 cents.

Yes.  One dollar.
Which, of course, meant I had to shop for a few other goodies
because really, who charges a quarter to their credit/debit card?

One of my fave DIY supplies are vintage coloring books
from the kiddie section at the thrift store.


There are no windows in this room
(hence, no natural light).

With the lights on at night, I love how the yellowish tinge
just makes them feel all that more vintage.

As you can kind of see in the first photo,
I just "tacked" them up with tiny finishing nails.
No frame, no fancy, definitely no measuring to get them straight.

Just eyeballed it after laying it out on the floor.
I like to do things the lazy way.


Happy thrifting.  Oh for spring to roll around again.


**

Loving b3HD? 
Have a life and can't view the whole blog in one sitting? 
Then stalk us already! 
Scroll down, and become a follower!
Or fan our B3HD Facebook page
Promise not to stalk you back. Unless you want us to. 

***

No comments:

Post a Comment

You KNOW you have an opinion about it, already. So spill it. Spark up a conversation...