Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Project 5: Pumpkin Eater...err...painter (DIY for Busy Gals)


31 minute project
(plus drying time if you do a pumpkin patch full of pumpkins)

You'll need:

Pumpkins (craft or real)
White latex or craft paint
Paint brush

You are going to "create" this designer white pumpkin:

In pictures:

For the readers:
1. Gather your pumpkins (mine: craft, multiple sizes, thrift store finds)
2. Grab your paint (mine: latex, freecycle garage purge find)
3.Use a big brush on big pumpkins and slap on some paint.
4. To hold on to (and flip over)  smaller pumpkins, I left an unpainted top ring

5. Impatiently, I painted most but not all of the bottom
(so I could sit them on newspaper to dry w/o getting stuck)

6. Set pumpkin down on newspaper to dry
(mine: about 10 minutes; depends on your paint/thickness)
7. Go crazy and paint a whole patch's worth.
8. Depending on the crafty quality of your pumpkins, some will look more real than others.
9. In the right light, that big one actually looks like the coveted blue pumpkin I want.

Locally, Fred Myer is selling pumpkins at .18 per pound.
If you want White pumpkins, they are .48 per pound.

Now you can be cheap and designer at the same time.

Bonus Pictures:

Check out what's to come with 31 DIY projects for Busy Gals by clicking the logo above.

Linking up to:
Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home

 ***
Loving b3HD? 
Have a life and can't view the whole blog in one sitting? 
Then stalk us already! 
Scroll down, join the site and become a follower!
Promise not to stalk you back. Unless you want us to. 
***

3 comments:

  1. What a neat idea!! Love your painted pumpkins- they turned out great! Stopping by from Romantic Home- would love for you to come share at Feathered Nest Friday sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, I just love your pumpkins. I think the white ones look so chic. Thanks for sharing. I found and am now following you through My Romantic Home and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete

You KNOW you have an opinion about it, already. So spill it. Spark up a conversation...