Sunday, September 18, 2011

Curtain Indecision 2011

 You could tell me
that you prefer this set of Ikea KAJSA curtains
on the main floor gigantor windows
slung low and non-functional 
in front of the top |down blinds that almost ended my marriage.

Light, flowly, patterned, cheap ($29.99 for the pair).


or
you could tell me you prefer 
these horizontal close set striped ones.
That I would have to make.
Out of super heavy material.
That I didn't get enough
and can't get more of
because I'm not patient enough for my 5 followers
to scour their little town Joanne's to find me more
in their home decor fabrics
table of rejects.

 I should have known it was too heavy
And I was too cheap to get enough fabric to do it right.
I bought 3 yards
at $7 a yard.

Not bad, except that I don't have curtains out of them.


All to say it wouldn't matter what you told me
because I'm hard headed.
I went back to Ikea 
and went something like this



Yes, eagle eyed observers.
I did indeed still use the first set of Ikea curtains.
LOVE where they ended up.
And how they ended up there.

But that's for another time.

The remaining indecision?

Should I stamp/stencil
these  bad boys up?
If yes, with what pattern?

I did cut off the tabs
and open up a slit of the hem on the top of the panel
to slide my rods through.

Tabs, so not my friends.

**

Loving b3HD? 
Have a life and can't view the whole blog in one sitting? 
Then stalk us already! 
Scroll down, join the site and become a follower!
Promise not to stalk you back. Unless you want us to. 

***

1 comment:

  1. That may seem odd, but in fact, it is a very effective mode for people with some degrees of
    visual impairment, since when you focus on white letters, you are focussing on light itself.
    *Viral Resistance: As a reader, my biggest concern when I download from the net,
    is the transference of viruses. Its easy-to-use format allows anybody to search for their favorite books online.


    Have a look at my webpage: free pdf ebook download

    ReplyDelete

You KNOW you have an opinion about it, already. So spill it. Spark up a conversation...